Our county veterans services officer assists veterans with all aspects of veterans benefits. The office is in the County Courts Complex and the hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday - Thursday.
Veterans Services Officer
P.O. Box 545
105 S. Berry St.
Yellville, AR 72687
The mission of Veterans Services is to provide professional services for military veterans, their survivors, and their dependents who are entitled to benefits from the Arkansas Department of Veteran Affairs Contact the Marion County Veterans Service Office to obtain help in determining the benefits you or your dependents may be eligible for and to assist in completing and submitting appropriate documentation.
If the veteran or surviving spouse is not physically able to drive to the office because of their disability, the Veterans Service Office work with other outreach service organizations to coordinate a ride for the vet/spouse to come to the office. If a family member can come to the office, arrangements can be made for the paperwork to be reviewed and signed by the veteran in their home and then returned to the office to be submitted. Don't choose not to file for an eligible claim because of inability to come to the office. The Service Officer will work with the vet to ensure he is afforded the ability to file or obtain the needed services.
If needed, the Veterans Service Representative will be help direct you to other appropriate resources.
Services offered through the Veterans office:
- Benefits counseling
- Compensation or Pension Claims preparation and submission
- Initiate and develop appeals, when appropriate
Information and referral for the following:
- VA Health Care Information (or you can call 1-877-222-8387)
- Post 9-11 GI Bill
- Veteran Homeless Issues (or you can call 1-877-424-3838)
- Women Veterans Issues
- Vet/VA Home Loans
Assistance offered in filing for the following benefits:
- Compensation (service-related injury or disease)
- Request for increase and reevaluation of service connected disability
- Non-Service Connected Pension (war era veterans only)
- Survivor benefits (spouse, dependents, and parents)
- Burial Benefits Eligibility
- Ordering and certification of DD-214, military records, awards, and decorations
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Serviced Connected)
- Clothing Allowance (Service Connected)
- Special Housing Grant or Auto Grant (Service Connected)
- Admission to the State Veterans Homes of Arkansas
- Tax Waiver Letter
- Discharge upgrade and correction of military records
- Disability life insurance and waiver of premiums
- Assist eligible veterans and their survivors for Aid and Attendance and/or long-term care facility
- Assist with notification to VA regarding changes to Dependents, Address, or Bank Account
If you don't know if you are eligible for any of the above items, contact the Veterans Service Officer for assistance in determining your eligibility.
105 S Berry Street
P. O. Box 545
Yellville, AR 72687
Phone: (870) 449-5401
Fax: (870) 449-4369
Appointments Recommended: An appointment keeps veterans/spouses from waiting while a scheduled veteran is being assisted. Monday - Thursday 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM.