The county transfer station is at the intersection of U.S. Hwy. 62 and state Hwy. 202 in Yellville. Hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on the first and third Saturdays. We now accept glass for recycling. There is no charge and all colors of glass bottles and jars are recyclable (but no dishes, ceramics, light bulbs or other glass items).
1825 U.S. Hwy 62 W.
Yellville, AR 72687
Hours of Operation
Open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and the first and third Saturdays of each month from 8 a.m. to noon. If the Courthouse is closed for holidays or bad weather, the Transfer Station will also be closed. If you have any questions, please call us at 449-5501.
- $1.50 a bag up to and including 33 gallons.
- $2.50 a bag any bags above 33 gallons.
- $15 furniture per piece.
- $30 per cubic yard for construction and demolition debris. (No brick or masonry items, please.)
- 4 tires per day per person are free for recycling; any over that will be $1 per tire.
- ALL HOUSEHOLD TRASH MUST BE BAGGED.
- Permits are no longer being issued. Any current permits will be honored until they expire.
What can be recycled
All recyclable items are free, except certain tires (see bottom of this list).
- Beverage cans and radiators.
- All vegetable cans, cat and dog food cans, coffee cans.
- Corrugated cardboard, food boxes, brown paper bags, feed sacks. They must be clean with no plastic or Styrofoam in or on the cardboard.
- Televisions, computer monitors, CPUs, laptops.
- All colors of glass bottles and jars, but no dishes, ceramics, light bulbs or other glass items.
- Newspapers, copy paper, magazines, phone books, hardback and paperback books.
- Basically drinking bottles, laundry bottles, milk jugs and such. Also accepting 1-9's. which is butter containers. and like plastics.
- Scrap Metal
- Big bulky metal – grills, appliances (stoves, refrigerators, freezers).
- Used cooking oil at no charge
- 4 passenger tires per day per person, any more than that per day will be $1 per tire.
- Fees apply to specialty tires (ATV, tractor, OTR tires). Check with cashier before dropping those off.
Supervisor Rosemary Rogers