Marion County, Arkansas

Photo: Ryan Stokes/Buffalo National River

County Services

County Services


The Assessor's Office maintains current appraisal and assessment records, makes changes in valuations as they occur, stays abreast of property transactions within the county and keeps a file on properties updated throughout the year. Personal property assessments must be made by May 31 of each year. The office is in the Courthouse on the square in Yellville at 300 E. Old Main St.

Service Contact Information:
Assessor Alesia V. Owen | 870-449-4113 (fax: 870-449-2402) |

Burn Ban Status

The county judge may declare a county-wide burn ban or a district fire chief may issue a ban for a specific fire district. To view the latest county-bans, visit the Arkansas Forestry Commission's website: Burn Ban Map or call the County Judge’s Office in the County Courts Complex on the southeast corner of the square in Yellville, 105 S. Berry St.

Service Contact Information:
County Judge | 870-449-6231 | | Website

Business Services

County business services include DBA (Doing Business As) declarations and minister's certificates. The clerk’s office handles these and is in the Courthouse. Notary public bonds are also filed in this office, but registration is through the Arkansas Secretary of State's Office.

Service Contact Information:
County/Circuit Clerk | 870-449-6226 |

Community Services, University of Arkansas Extension Service

Programs for agriculture, community development, family and consumer sciences and the 4-H Club are offered by the Extension Service in partnership with the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture. The office is at 313 W. 7th St., P.O. Box 386, Yellville, AR 72687.

Service Contact Information:
Extension Service | 870-449-6349 | Website

Crooked Creek Soil & Water Conservation District

The Crooked Creek Conservation District is part of the Arkansas Assn. of Conservation Districts and we're here  to serve the soil and water conservation needs of the people of Marion County. Our office is at 302 E. 4th St., Yellville, 72634, two blocks north of the square. Our hours are 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and our phone is 870-449-6356. Our fax is 870-449-3010. 

Latest news: Conservation District's annual pasture conference will be held at 6 p.m. March 5 at at the Yellville-Summit School Cafeteria. John Jennings from the U of A Extension Service will be the main speaker on fertilization and summer grasses, and fall and spring annuals. For more information, contact the Crooked Creek Conservation District at 870-449-6356.

Service Contact Information:
Deanna Burleson, District Clerk, and Mike Parkinson, District Technician | 870-449-6356 | | Website

Driver Services

Visit the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration’s Marion County office at 219 East Old Main St. on the southwest corner of the square in Yellville for license renewal or replacement and vehicle tag renewal.

Service Contact Information:
DFA Revenue | 870-449-6535 | Website

Health Services

Visit the Marion County Health Unit at 707 state Hwy. 202 West, Yellville, AR 72687. For information about the many services offered, see the unit’s website.

Service Contact Information:
Marion County Health | 870-449-4259 | Website

Marriage Licenses

Marriage licenses are issued and recorded by the County Clerk’s Office in the Courthouse. The fee for a marriage license is $60 and both parties must be present with valid photo ID. Applicants must pay with cash or a check and must be 18. For those under 18, contact the clerk's office. For more information, see FAQs.

Service Contact Information:
County/Circuit Clerk | 870-449-6226 |

New Addresses

Requests for a new street address or a new road name may be done through this office, which is in the County Courts Complex. You may also download the forms here.

Service Contact Information:
Marion County E-911 Office | 870-449-5800 |


For information and access to ordinances and resolutions specific to Marion County, please contact the County/Circuit Clerk in the Courthouse. They are on file in this office. 

Service Contact Information:
County and Circuit Clerk | 870-449-6226 |


Developers and builders must file land use plans and occupancy permits with the County Assessor's Office. You may download forms and instructions here.

Service Contact Information:
County Assessor's Office | 870-449-4113 |

Prosecuting Attorney

Responsible for prosecuting drug crimes, hot checks, child abuse, and domestic violence cases in the county.

Service Contact Information:
Prosecuting Attorney's Office | 870-449-4018

Public Defender Services

A lawyer will be assigned to your case and act on your behalf if you are unable to afford other legal counsel.

Service Contact Information:
Public Defender's Office | 870-449-2323

Public Records

The following public records are maintained by this office in the Courthouse: marriage, county and circuit courts,  voter registrations and election results, and all land records.

Service Contact Information:
County/Circuit Clerk | 870-449-6226 |


To request road work or missing road signs contact the county judge’s office. You may also download these forms here.

Service Contact Information:
County Road Department | 870-449-6021 |

Sheriff’s Services

The Sheriff's Department runs the county jail and handles warrants, crime prevention, criminal investigation, noise complaints, child abuse investigation and general law enforcement issues.

Service Contact Information:
Sheriff's Office | 870-449-4236 | Website

Tax Collection

Personal property and real estate taxes are collected in this office. Property tax bills are usually mailed by the end of March and must be paid by Oct. 15 to avoid a penalty. Taxes may be paid with a check, money order or credit card. Mail checks to the Marion County Collector, P.O. Box 590, Yellville, AR 72687, or visit the Collector's Office in the Courthouse. You may pay over the phone with a credit card. If taxes are not paid, license tags cannot be renewed and penalties will be applied. Partial payments are also accepted throughout the year on current taxes.

Service Contact Information:
Collector | 870-449-6253 |

Transfer Station and Recycling Center

Our county transfer station is at the intersection of U.S. Hwy. 62 and state Hwy. 202 in Yellville. Hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on the first and third Saturdays. We now accept glass for recycling. There is no charge and all colors of glass bottles and jars are recyclable (but no dishes, ceramics, lightbulbs or other glass items).

Hours of Operation
We are open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and the first and third Saturdays of each month from 8 a.m. to noon.  If the Courthouse is closed for holidays or bad weather, the Transfer Station will also be closed.  If you have any questions, please call us at 449-5501.

Our Prices
•$1.50 a bag up to and including 33 gallons. (Five Wal-Mart bags will usually fill a 33-gallon bag or three 13-gallon tall kitchen bags.)
• $2.50 a bag any bags above 33 gallons.
•$15 furniture per piece.
•$30 per cubic yard for construction and demolition debris. (No brick or masonry items, please.)
•4 tires per day per person are free for recycling; any over that will be $1 per tire.
•Permits are no longer being issued. Any current permits will be honored until they expire.  

What can be recycled
All recyclable items are free, except certain tires (see bottom of this list.)
•Aluminum: Beverage cans and radiators.
•Cans: All vegetable cans, cat and dog food cans, coffee cans.
•Cardboard: Corrugated cardboard, food boxes, brown paper bags, feed sacks.  They must be clean with no plastic or Styrofoam in or on the cardboard.
•Electronics: Televisions, computer monitors, CPUs, laptops.
•Glass:  All colors of glass bottles and jars, but  no dishes, ceramics, light bulbs or other glass items.
•Paper: Newspapers, copy paper, magazines, phone books, hardback and paperback books.
•Plastic: Basically drinking bottles, laundry bottles, milk jugs and such.
•Scrap Metal: Big bulky metal – grills, appliances (stoves, refrigerators, freezers).
•Tires: 4 passenger tires per day per person, any more than that per day will be $1 per tire.
Fees apply to specialty tires (ATV, tractor, OTR tires). Check with cashier before dropping those off. 

Service Contact Information:
Transfer Station | 870-449-5501

Veterans Services

Mike Hulgan is our county veterans services officer and he assists veterans with all aspects of veterans benefits. His office is in the County Courts Complex and his hours are  8 a.m. to noon, Monday-Thursday.

Service Contact Information:
Veterans Services | 870-449-5401 |