Due to the COVID-19 virus, the ham radio testing for Saturday April 18 2020 has been cancelled. We will re-schedule for a later date, probably mid to late summer.
The Marion County Medical Reserve Corp will have a HAM RADIO TEST for MEMBERS ONLY, members of LAW ENFORCEMENT, MEDICAL EMERGENCY PERSONNEL, SUPERINTENDENTS OF SCHOOLS. This course is for those who would be handling emergency situations for the county. Information is as follows:
- Saturday April 18, 2020
- Community Room at the Marion County Fairgrounds
- 10:00am to 1:00PM
- Cost of the testing, $ 15.00 per person
- Checks are to be made payable to: ARRLVEC
- The Technician test is about 30 minutes long
- There are no math questions on the Technician test
- Passing the Technician test, you have the option to continue to the General Test.
- Passing the General test you have the option to proceed to the Amateur Extra test
- Failing any of the 3 tests will require you to pay another $15.00 fee to take the test again
- Study guides are available for MRC members at no charge. If you did not receive a study guide at the February 13 MRC meeting, please let me know.
- There are several sites on line that have practice tests at no charge, there are also practice tests in the study guide 13.. You MUST let me know by Monday March 9, 2020 if you are going to take the test.
- At the last meeting we discussed the possibility of the April 2 meeting including a review before the test.
If you have any questions please contact Terry Baldgridge at email@example.com